During COVID all sessions are currently virtual
How SVT Applies To Your Sport
- Hockey is a game in constant motion, requiring intense awareness and concentration of what is going on over the entire ice surface. SVT sharpens these skills within players
- Time and space is not a luxury a player has. SVT "slows down" the game mentally
- Improving dynamic acuity (vision in motion) helps players track the puck, the puck carrier, and all moving pieces on the ice quicker, with greater ease, and more effectively, helping them make better and quicker decisions on the ice, while under pressure
- Battles at the net (deflecting shots, screens, rebounds) can be improved through a forwards' sharpened ability to read the play better, track the puck more effectively, and postion himself more appropriately to react, with more effective timing
- Faceoffs can be improved by a players' ability to see the puck drop quicker, and with more accurate anticipation and reaction timing
- SVT helps players quicken their instinctive and spontaneous read of a play, for ex. a defenceman's ability to better assess when to attack or close in on his attackers, based on improved awareness of both offensive and defensive support from both sides
- SVT training helps goalies fine tune their ability to track the puck with greater ease, and with heightened awareness of both offensive and defensive support from both sides
- The overall ability to see more and improve speed, accuracy and processing of information, will result in less physical and mental errors on the ice
- Soccer is a sport of constant motion, for both the players and the ball. This sport requires constant awareness and concentration of what is going on over the entire field. SVT sharpens these skills for soccer players.
- Time and space is not a luxury a player has. SVT “slows down” the game mentally
- Improving dynamic acuity or vision in motion helps players track the ball, the player with the ball, and all of the players on the field quickly and accurately, helping them to make faster and better decisions on the field, while under pressure
- Timing for passing and heading the ball at the right moment are skills related to good depth perception. The player has to judge the speed and spin on the ball, and how quickly other players are moving toward or away from him
- Battles at the net (shots, passing, rebounds) can be improved through a forwards’ sharpened ability to assess the play better, track the ball more effectively, and position himself appropriately to react, with more accurate timing
- SVT helps goalies fine turn their ability to track the ball with greater ease, and with heightened awareness of both offensive and defensive support
- The overall ability to see more and improve speed, accuracy and processing of information will result in fewer physical and mental errors on the field
How SVT Applies To Tactical Forces
The ability and rate at which you absorb, process, read, and react to a variety of stimulus and information while under stress, could mean the difference between life and death.
Research Study - Canadian Military - Special Emergency Response Team, Counter Terrorism, Canada, Research Study
Results showed measurable improvement in every category of dynamic visual skills, resulting in 67% fewer decision errors made, compared to a comparable military control group that did not receive Sports Vision Training.
How SVT Applies To Schools
SVT works to extend the span of your focus and concentration, while improving upon your overall fatigue factor. The results are the ability to take in more information and focus for longer periods of time, resulting in better overall performance.
How SVT Applies To Business
Our training program will help you to process greater amounts of information, scan a room and pick up on people’s behavioural cues and responses, multi-task, concentrate at peak levels for longer periods of time, and simply put…. make you that much ‘sharper’.
Contact Heads Up Mind Gym - Mental Skills & Cognitive Training in Toronto, ON